Skip to content

I Saw Custard Creams Fall Like Lightning 2020
Leisure Wine

Sold out
Original price £34.00 - Original price £34.00
Original price
£34.00 - £34.00
Current price £34.00

Grape Variety: Chardonnay

Producer: Leisure Wine

Region: Essex / London / Edinburgh

Wild Scale: 3/5

Vegan friendly wine

Winemaking: Organic (uncertified) grapes grown in Essex were hand harvested and taken to Edinburgh. 75% were foot pressed and spent 7 days on the skins. The other 25% underwent carbonic maceration. All fermentation with indigenous yeast. Blended and taken back to London for bottling with no fining, filtration or added sulphur. 

This Wine: The very first wine from the Leisure team! We kept a couple of bottles back in the cellar and now you can grab one!. Despite the crown cap, this is a still white wine with a silky and creamy texture. Balanced acidity with notes of...custard creams?? Easy drinking but plenty of character. 

Notes on the Winemaker:  Leisure Wine is the project of 2 friends passionate about natural wine who simply wanted to have a go themselves. They didn't let the lack of a vineyard get in their way and have been able to source high quality fruit from the UK and Italy so far. The long term plan is to grow their own grapes and continue producing natural wines with no additions.