Skip to content

Grillo
Bianco 2021
Manlio Manganaro

Original price $46.47 - Original price $46.47
Original price
$46.47
$46.47 - $46.47
Current price $46.47

Grape Variety: Grillo

Producer: Manlio Manganaro

Region: Campobello di Mazara, Marsala, Sicily, Italy

Wild Scale: 3/5

Vegan friendly wine

Winemaking: Organic Grillo grapes were hand harvested. 60% the yield was de-stemmed and underwent 5 day skin maceration. The other 40% went through whole bunch carbonic maceration. The 2 parts were then combined and aged in stainless steel for 8 months. Bottled with no filtration, fining or added sulphur.  

This Wine: Natural orange wine with great intensity and complexity. Orange peel, candied and fresh lemon, peach, dried herbs and a saline finish. Medium bodied and best with food. 

THIS WINE WAS SELECTED FOR OUR TASTING NOTES MIXTAPE SERIES - CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE AND LISTEN TO THE PLAYLIST

Notes on the Winemaker: After running his own natural wine bar in Lombardia, Manlio Manganaro moved back to his native Sicily to hunt out a vineyard in the Marsala region of the island. He oversees just 1 hectare of Grillo vines. With such a small amount of grapes, he can be meticulous in the winemaking process. The press is manual, there is no temperature control and no use of sulphur at anytime in the winemaking process. These are artisan wines in the truest sense of the word.