NATIONWIDE SHIPPING IS £4.99 WHEN YOU SPEND £50 OR FREE WHEN YOU SPEND £100. LOCAL DELIVERY IS ALWAYS FREE.

<p>Gewurtztraminer<br>Zegwur 2020<br>Durrmann</p>

Gewurtztraminer
Zegwur 2020
Durrmann

Regular price
£22.00
Sale price
£22.00
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Grape Variety: Gewurtztraminer

Producer: Anna, Andre & Yann Durrmann

Region: Andlau, Alsace, France

Certified Organic

Vegan friendly wine

Wild Scale: 5/5

Winemaking: Organic Gewurtztraminer grapes were harvested by hand. 25% of the grapes were macerated for 3 weeks. The other 75% underwent a slow press for 6 hours. Spontaneous fermentation with indigenous yeast. Aged on full lees in tank until bottling. No fining, filtration or added sulphur.

This Wine: A juicy and textured expression of Gewurtztraminer that has been grown on granite soils. Tropical fruit and floral notes. Fermented to a dry style. The family used to make a sweet wine from the vineyard but Yann wanted to do things differently so picks earlier which gives the wine a high aromatic profile. 

Notes on the Winemaker: The Durrmann family make wine the village of Andlau on the slopes of Vosges mountains in Alsace. The vineyards have been organic since 1998 and sulphur free cuvees have been produced since 2007 after Yann (the son) took over running the winery.