Skip to content

Halo Sur Le Baudet 2020
La Ferme des Sept Lunes

Original price £46.00 - Original price £46.00
Original price
£46.00 - £46.00
Current price £46.00

Grape Varieties: Syrah

Producer: La Ferme des Sept Lunes (Jean Delobre)

Region: Saint Joseph, Northern Rhône

Certified Organic

Vegan friendly wine

Wild Scale: 2/5

Winemaking: Biodynamic Syrah grapes were a harvested by hand. 30% of the grapes were de-stemmed whilst the other 70% remained in whole bunches.  Fermentation with indigenous yeast. Bottled with no fining, filtration or added sulphur.

This Wine: High-end Syrah from south facing slopes in Saint-Joseph. Slightly lighter and more fruit forward in comparison to the Pleine Lune 2020 cuvée which is from a different plot. Black fruit with a tapenade-like characteristic and a mineral finish. Age-worthy. 

Notes on the Winemaker: Jean Delobre makes elegant but powerful wine from the Syrah grape in the Northern Rhône along with indigenous white varietals. The vineyards have been biodynamic since 1997 and within the winery, there is a hands-off approach with the aim being to let the quality of the fruit shine through in the finished wine.